Sunday, October 28, 2007

No cheating...

I think I just passed my first test! I was in Reno from last Wednesday night with no fridge (to keep milk, jello, cottage cheese---lo-cal snacky things) through Sunday, and, I must say, that it was very easy to continue eating well even eating out.

We split all of our meals out....and had more than one discussion about portion sizes served at restaurants. We ate breakfast at IHop where we ordered a spinach/mushroom omelet to share. When it arrived, we thought they'd confused the order because they brought us two omelets. Turns out that the cook had just prepared us two smaller (which were the size an individual should have) ones in place of the one large one. We split a grilled salmon and steamed broccoli dinner with an appetizer of a lobster "martini" (lord, that was soooo good! I'm going to duplicate the recipe and post it.) at Red Lobster. We split a shrimp and asparagus risotto at Olive Garden. Ok...I'll confess....I did cheat just a tiny bit....could you have resisted those cheesy garlic biscuits at Red Lobster? I didn't think so. Well, neither could I!

I took protein powder and string cheese with me and picked up some protein and soy bars, but I honestly didn't really need them. Actually, I probably did, but considering our "schedule" or lack of, I think I actually lost weight while there! Lots of walking and healthy food. Our last night there, we ate at an all you can eat sushi bar! My first time...ummm...it was absolutely beyond yummy! I stuck to smoked salmon and shrimp (all cooked stuff)---the rolls are to die for---wonder how far I'd have to drive from Bonham to find a sushi bar? lol

Kari and I had a wonderful two days together and then to finish the week out, Warren flew in Friday night. Esther flew in Friday night, too. We had even more fun with four of us! Kari, Esther, and I did our presentation at AASL Saturday and it went much better than we even expected (we presented a session about preparing a library for the future if you have one that needs clean-up, weeding, and/or organization) considering that we did what we usually do---tapped danced our way through it without a lot of prep. But hey, they keep accepting the proposals that are submitted, so we must be doing something right! lol The next conference (only held every 2 years) will be in Charlotte, NC.

2 comments:

Natalie Weaver said...

So impressed with your eating out philosophy-- I'm sure it saved lots of money too! You're so smart. :) Love you!! Miss you lots and lots-

bookworm27 said...

You will have to go to at least Plano...there is a Yummie place off 75 behind and kind of catty-corner to the Olive Garden...I think it's called Sam's Sushi or something like that...it's in a strip of shops.