Sunday, October 7, 2007

Addictive behavior...


I hadn't seriously considered myself as having an addictive behavior, but it is true. And strangely enough, I've been cautioned twice by total strangers to beware of becoming addicted to alcohol after having lapband surgery (*rolling my eyes* Do I look like I've been drinking...or just that I need a drink??)!! This is because food addicts tend to replace one addict with another. Having been on meds for years and also being fully aware of the dangers of alcoholism, I've never considered that being a temptation for me.

However, I must confess that the addictive behavior reared its ugly head during the past week and a half.....and it was over the soy/rice crackers!!! I found myself craving them! I wanted to eat the whole bag!!!! And on more than one occasion I ate half the bag!! This was quite unsettling for me to deal with. Maybe I'm really a carb addict instead of a sugar addict. Seriously...I think I'm going to have to give them up!! Crunchy, salty things.....

Someone suggested that exercise might be something I considered becoming addicted to. I hadn't planned on joining Curves until after the 6 wk. period was up and I'd had my check-up, but I guess you noticed that I hurried on down to Curves this weekend and joined up! If I'm going to have an addition, at least it should be a healthy one!

3 comments:

Natalie Weaver said...

I got to tell ya- this photo is hilarious! So cute! What do you think about Curves? I don't like going to the gym with boys. It's so competitive (and usually very very smelly...) I'd like to start going to Lucille Roberts or Curves just for gals... you recommend?

bookworm27 said...

I recommend too Nat...I like curves and I like how I don't really have to think...I can just go in and exercise. No moving weights, no following an exact program with a trainer, just go in and work-out. I'm going to try to move my membership this week to start going again.

Yay, for going Mom!

Debbie said...

I loved this photo! It is so funny! I can relate to what you said about an addictive personality. I think I have one. I've always been careful about doing things I think could be addictive, like drinking too much or gambling. However, I am a food-a-holic.
I'm glad to hear about Curves. I went there several years ago, and I liked it a lot. However, I don't get to Durant enough to make a membership worthwhile. I have started walking again, though, and I really enjoy that.
Have a great week.

Deb