Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nervous Nelly!

Ok...I go see Dr. Green on Tuesday morning.....I'm so nervous that I'll have gained!!! I'm going to wear the lightest clothes I have and take off my shoes!!

Spent the weekend with Donnas & DeWayne (in central eastern Oklahoma--that would be at Panola) and did very well for my first time away from home. I'd packed a bag with string cheese, jello, cottage cheese, a slice of turkey, and my peanut butter protein powder. We went to grocery store on Saturday morning and I made the Epicurious Tortilla Soup for us...turned out delicious! They loved it and I brought some of it home. I certainly missed my Zyliss food chopper when chopping the onions! I had tears running down my face!!

Guess I won't make a soup today, but I am going to try this recipe:

Chicken in Tomato Feta Sauce

1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
flour for dusting
1 T. olive oil
1 md. onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes in puree
1/2 c. chicken stock (or can substitute apple juice or cider, veggie stock, or white grape juice)
1 t. oregano
1/8 t. cinnamon
4 oz. feta cheese, drained, rinsed, and crumbled
1/3 c. chopped black olives, optional

Season chicken with salt and pepper and dust lightly with flour. Heat olive oil in skillet over md-hi heat and cook chicken until well browned on both sides, about 3 min. per side; transfer to serving platter.

Saute the onion and garlic in the oil remaining in the pan until golden. Add the tomatoes, stock, oregano, and cinnamon and season with black pepper. Return the browned chicken to the skillet with any accumulated juices.

Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 35-40 min., until the chicken is tender. Add the feta cheese and olives to the skillet, cover again, and simmer for 10 min. more, or until the cheese begins to melt into the sauce.

1 comment:

Natalie Weaver said...

p.s. How did the appointment go? You all on track and everything? Don't be nervous. I'm pretty certain no two peoples progress and results will be exactly the same- Love you :)