Saturday, September 22, 2007

Things I've discovered...

1. String cheese does not melt.

2. No matter what anyone says, I haven't found a ready-to-drink low-sugar protein shake (yet) that actually tastes good...I even "doctored" one up this morning (white chocolate strawberry flavor)...added 2 spoonfuls of crushed pineapple, 1/4 c. low-fat ricotta cheese, 1 t. vanilla, 1/2 t. Splenda....ugh! Drank about 1/3 of it...threw it out...and made an egg beaters omelet with green onion, mushrooms, low-fat mozerella, and Canadian bacon--all "legal" stuff that I can have.

3. It it so hard to NOT drink something with a meal....I realized in advance this would be a big struggle for me....like right now....it seems so wrong to not have a glass of o.j. with my breakfast!

4. I'm loving having 1/2 c. of watermelon as a snack almost daily.

5. They make a sugar-free Oreo---why? lol

6. Jello and small-curd cottage cheese can be quite filling...I take it for a snack at school.

7. My energy level has really shot up...I can tell a tremendous difference on the job....thank goodness! I hated that lethargic feeling, not being able to bend over, the mental sluggishness.

8. It i$ expen$ive to completely re$tock your cabinet$, fridge, and freezer!!!

9. I'm sleeping much better and feeling rested when I get up.

10. Rice or soy chips/crackers really taste good! I'll have to be careful that I eat only the recommened serving size! They really satisfy that crunchy, salty craving I get once in a while. They're also good to use with dips like hummus, guacamole, or bean dip.

No comments: