Saturday, September 8, 2007

Set them free...

This morning Dr. Tom called to check on me...and had reassuring words that it is not my age that is causing me to not have the energy level that I think I should have--he says this is normal for any age. And reassuring words about listening to my body (he has 2 nurses who've had lap band surgery and they eat small meals throughout the day). I informed him that I had a few more things to add to "the list." Chuckling, he replied, "I knew you would!"

Who knew that you shouldn't use a petroleum based lip gloss/lip balm product if you are on oxygen?? Anyone ever heard that your lips could burst into flame? Well, we hadn't either. Only when I asked Lisa to hand me my lip balm in the presence of a nurse were we informed that I couldn't put any on while I was on oxygen!! When asked why, she told us it is because it is petroleum-based and, therefore, flammable! I give Lisa a look and her eyebrows have about shot off the top of her head. Lisa has been in the hospital I don't know how many times and she always travels with Chapstick and uses it regularly....this was news to her.

The smallest incision I have has now shrunk to about a half inch and is located about 3-4 inches below my bosom (I'm trying to not offend anyone here, so resorted to a thesaurus to pick the least offensive word for those who have delicate sensibilities or for those who might be horrified that I'd actually discuss my own). I say this because I'm trying to figure out why having lost about 25 lbs. and my whole chest & stomach area has begun to shrink in size that the wearing of a bra is just about more than I can stand! I even bought a front-hooking sports bra, thinking that if I could just bind them up for the sake of public decency that it would be tolerable. After being at school for an hour last Tuesday, I had to unhook it! It is like having a vice around the ribcage that just gets tighter and tighter.

I inform the good doctor Tom of this dilemma and tell him that I just want to set them free! He says, "Do it." To which I reply, "Size determines the level of public decency as to whether one can get by with this or not....and mine are not in the public decency category." Dr. Tom's advice, "Just tell them you are French!" LMAO!! Oui!

No comments: