Saturday, November 17, 2007

Downsizing...



I know it is NOT my imagination that standardized clothing sizes are not what they used to be. Recently, I was looking at some denim/twill pants at Wal-Mart (for everyday school--I have a dirty job! lol with kids, boxes, the floor, books, which are the dirtiest! I'm not spending lots of money on school clothes.)...anyway, I was needing a smaller size. The size I thought I needed...I swear to you, looked like they'd fit Ashley!!! I looked at the tag to make sure they weren't supposed to be leggings--they weren't. I did NOT buy them. I looked at tops in Target today--because I'm celebrating wearing a size smaller bra!!--same thing---the tops look teeny tiny!!! Like this would fit Kari! I was under the impression that current clothing sizes have been cut larger--for example, a person wearing a size 4/6 today would have worn a size 10/12 thirty years ago.

I'm downsizing by inches and weight....but not necessarily by clothing size. Somebody is messing with my mind!!

No comments: