Sunday, November 11, 2007

Does it fit or not?

I wore a dress to school Friday that was too tight last year. I wore it once at the beginning of school this year (after the surgery), and it still felt a bit snug, so hadn't worn it since. Friday I was told TWICE by two different teachers that the dress was too big for me! What? Looser, yes. Too big? Hmmm.... One said, "It looks like you are going to have to start buying new clothes. Isn't that a great feeling that your clothes are getting too big?" The other walked up to me and said, "Honey, that dress is too big for you....and you can give it to me!"

I looked a little closer in the mirror---ok, the dress is not loose around my round backside, nor is it loose around my amply endowed chest. Now granted, the last person who commented is ALWAYS cinched up and poured in her fashionable clothes...she's got lots more clothes than I do and always looks like she stepped out of clothing shop. She is also from that cultural school of thinking that one should show off the junk in the trunk.

The dress is washed and I'm giving it to her Monday.

No comments: