Friday, August 31, 2007

Beginning of a disappearing act...

While the initial loss of 20 lbs. may not be drastically noticeable to some, there are some dramatic changes that I've seen thus far:

  • the fat above my eyelids (thank you God! I may not have to have an eyelid lift after all! Which means, of course, that Dr. Tom was right all along :)
  • my ankles reappearring--ok, they hadn't gone anywhere, but for the past two years I could always see and feel fluid accumulating on them, even on the top of my foot--they were in the beginning phase of old lady ankles (horrifying!).
  • a crease on my jawline...ok, ok, you might call it a wrinkle, but it was only there in the mornings when I woke up or if I had my head inclined towards the left for a long period. This was due to all the fat fluid accumulating under my chin and the way I slept at night. I hated losing the feel of the bone of my jawline. Mother's side of the family seems to be genetically disposed to NOT wrinkling, and since I've had to swear off exposure to the sun, too, I really was only wrinkling due to increased fat squishing my skin in places. It was a happy moment for me yesterday when this crease was gone!
  • the accumulated pillow of fat across my lower back/top of hips--uncomfortable while lying flat on my back--uncomfortable in clothing--uncomfortable period...not to mention extremely unsightly.

Those are the major physical changes which seem dramatic to me, but are probably not even noticeable to anyone else. It makes me feel encouraged, tho...and looking forward to other physical changes.....and the real me emerging transformed like a butterfly! (don't roll your eyes over that poetic remark! you know who you are~)

2 comments:

Natalie Weaver said...

Oh my goodness! This is amazing! I think it all sounds drastic too, and I'm so happy that you are noticing all of this along the way to your poetic butterfly emergence! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

bookworm27 said...

It does sound so dramatic! 20 lbs seems like alot to me to drop so quickly! But if you're only sucking jello...

I'll be so excited to see you! Although I don't know when that will be... :)