Thursday, August 30, 2007

Forbidden fruit....oh, the temptation!

Yesterday Mother sent me out to Lisa's back yard to pick the ripe cherry tomatoes....I was seized with a craving to just bite in to one of them and taste the juicy acidic familiar flavor...ummm! Then I could just imagine it with a bit of pepper and basil sprinkled on it....

This event seemed to really trigger the mental demon of craving yesterday...something I've really had to work on the past 24 hrs. This could also be in conjunction with where I'm at in the healing process also, but I've really wanted a saltine cracker in my protein soup conconction...nice and soggy and salty with enough soft texture to just melt away in my mouth....and I've had an incredible urge to have a bite of a hot grilled hamburger bursting with juicy flavors and crisp lettuce, tangy mustard and pickles, and yummy tomato.

Part of the craving is, I think, just for some stronger flavors and variety of flavors along with texture. I really wanted something to chew yesterday...just a piece of meat to gnaw on! lol Then it seemed that something dry and crumbly and salty might be a good craving, too.

This means that for the next 6 wks. or so I'll probably be very aware/sensitive to others eating in my prescence, the smells of food, commercials on tv, ads in magazines. I've avoided being around when Lisa, Mother, and Lori eat supper at night or when Mother eats during the day, however, this morning, something smelled like toast that really triggered a craving. I did not go investigate...just stayed away until the coast was clear and I could start the day with Boost.

oh, the forbidden fruit is tempting!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Kim, you were makikng me hungry just reading what you were writing. You hang in there, I hope things are going well for you. ~Cheryl