Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two new products...

I tried the new Campbell's V8 soup today--butternut squash--and found it to be a satisfying soup. Would have been perfect for when I first had the surgery! I liked the pureed texture and adding a bit of pepper to it was all that it needed. The box contains two servings at 140 calories per serving and comes in 5 flavors.

I was raised on Nabisco Premium Saltine crackers--don't think I even knew there were any other brands! We crumbled them into our Campbell's Vegetable Beef soup (which we had on a regular basis--the only flavor we ever ate!), we had them with peanut butter and syrup, we mashed up cold leftover pinto beans and smeared them on the crackers to eat, we ate them with apples, we ate them with bananas, we nibbled on them when we were sick, we even smeared just mustard on them and ate them--we ate sleeves of them by themselves!
Today I found Mini Saltines! 17 of them have 70 calories...they are just the perfect bite size for soup!

1 comment:

bookworm27 said...

OMG, I think I need the sleeve limitation or I will eat the whole box of crackers!