Tuesday, January 13, 2009

11 of the Best Foods You Aren't Eating


http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/30/the-11-best-foods-you-arent-eating/?em

Esther sent a link to this NY Times article which appeared last summer. The author compiled a list of the healthy foods which people should be eating but aren't. If this were a test, I'd flunk it like crazy!!

1. Beets (I don't think I've ever knowingly eaten a beet in my life!)
2. Cabbage (I might eat coleslaw once a year, if that often---I don't I get any health benefits based on that!)
3. Swiss chard (what is that? some type of lettuce?)
4. Cinnamon (toast? in pie? does that count?)
5. Pomegranate juice (Can't say I've ever had this either)
6. Dried plums (ok...who is he kidding? Prunes!)
7. Pumpkin seeds (tried them once---they tasted like paper)
8. Sardines (haven't had any of these little babies either!)
9. Tumeric (I wouldn't even know how to use this!)
10. Frozen blueberries (Finally! A food I can relate to!)
11. Canned pumpkin (Does this mean I can have pumpkin pie more than twice a year?!! It's my favorite pie!)

If you click on the link above, you can find out how each of these foods should be served and what their health benefits are.

1 comment:

bookworm27 said...

1. I hate beets
2. Cabbage! Ew! Unless I make that once-a-year bluecheese coleslaw
3. I think it's green
4. YUM!
5. U've seen it -- POM
6. Prunes! I 'stole' and ate some of gram's when I was a little kid and I liked them then. But then I like raisens so...
7. They are a bit papery, but I like them on Oct. 31st
8. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW
9.WTF is that?
10. I eat this almost daily!!!
11. YUMMMM