Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fighting the snack demons....












They say confession is good for the soul......so.....ok....

I confess that two things have contributed to my screeching halt in weight-loss: 4 snacks and lack of exercise.

I confess that these snacks are the temptations I've given in to lately:
  1. Special K Protein Meal Bar (Chocolate Peanut Butter)---has 10 g. of protein, which was the big draw initially....plus it is peanut butter and chocolate flavor. One bar has 180 calories. I was NOT eating it as a meal, but as a snack or dessert (or carrying one in case I became faint with hunger).....then I started eating two a day!!!!!
  2. Multi Grain Crisps (Sea Salt)---this was the replacement for the soy crisps that I loved, and I NEEDED something crunchy/salty!!! About 18 of them have 120 calories---and there are 3.5 servings in a bag.....more than once I've sat down an eaten a whole bag!!!!!
  3. Russell Stover Sugar Free Caramel Drops....sugar-free...chocolate....caramel....what's the harm?? The harm is that I've also eaten a whole bag of these on several occassions!! With 2 servings per bag that came to about 320 calories!
  4. Pringle's Baked Wheat Stix (Honey Butter)---these are a new product---one of the many pre-packaged 100 calorie servings that are hot on the market now. These are so darn good!! They have a hint of salt and there are actually quite a few in the bags. The problem is that I started eating 2 of these a day!!

I've worked really hard this past week to get a handle on these snacks....

  1. I've cut back to one protein bar a day....and added organic vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries and oat granola
  2. I'm only eating the sea salt crips with hummus or my special guacamole---and not every day
  3. I've quit buying the chocolate caramel drops---and bought sugar-free tiny Reese's Cups. I'll really only eat one of those at a time....and not even every day. I even forget that I have them sometimes!....and added back my low-fat cottage cheese and black cherry jello snack.
  4. I've cut back to just one back of these per day.
I admit it....I'm a carb addict.....I suspect I'm not alone :)....and it can be a difficult demon to fight...

so....I made a pan of roasted veggies with shrimp today. Yummy!

No comments: