Saturday, March 15, 2008

Discoveries...the good and the bad


I weighed yesterday morning....stark naked (picture it or not...it's up to you)....and I have not lost one damn pound since January!!!! I should win a prize for maintaining......

In an effort to burn some calories today, I finished raking the front yard of the massive amount of leaves that come off the very large old oak tree in the front yard. Did I bag them? No! I raked them all down to the curb ditch where they'll be washed away in the next gully washer! After a rest....and discovering a blister on my hand....I decided to tackle the back side patio where leaves have accumulated from the most prolific pecan tree in the neighbor's back yard. I got all those raked into a big pile (where I'll set fire the first chance I get that I think I won't get caught!!) Then I discover I have a blister on top of a blister from the cute shoes I wore yesterday (that I hadn't worn in 4 years! I think I bought them in Vegas...so you know they had to be cute...but comfy...except for the darn blister!!)....I put two bandaids on and some loose shoes and now they loose shoes have worn another blister!! ouch!
I realized yesterday that I can walk all over the school without huffing and puffing. I can carry in large boxes of books without getting winded.....and I can rake the yard and really work up a sweat, but without getting short of breath!! This in itself is an accomplishment as far as I'm concerned.
Since we are on spring break this week (thank you, God!), I'm trying to get some spring yard work done before the hustle and bustle hits on Wednesday. I've still got to get my little herb garden cleaned out and some new things set in. I've got to locate the new trimmer I bought last year and get some shrubbery and growth cut back. I also want to get some sewing projects finished that I've started (baby quilt, baby blanket, embroidered picture, and some lavender-filled embroidered pears)
I think Curves is running a special right now, so I'll go investigate re-joining on Monday morning.
Yes, I'd still do it over again....losing ALMOST 50 lbs. has made a tremendous difference.

No comments: