Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Who knew?

...that a phone could help change my life so much?! Since I've begun using the Lose it! app (see previous two blogs for an explanation if you don't already know) I've now lost 7 lbs.! Yea! This is really, really turning out to be a tremendously useful tool for me. I love the whole calorie budget idea. If I'm over say 23 calories, I don't worry because most of the time I don't add any exercise in unless it's something big like walking for 20 minutes or more or some other significant exercise--so it all balances out.

I have to be much more deliberate in eating and thinking about the choices I make---and even considering the nutritional values. This has caused me to increase my fruit intake because they have such fewer calories---it's like I'm able to "cheat" that way. I'm anxious to see more results after the next two weeks...especially since I'm at a conference this week where we always do tons of walking and loads of wagging around books. We sorta like to think of it in terms of power shopping except that it's all free! lol

2 comments:

Natalie Weaver said...

Yay!! So happy you have found a fun app on your phone that is so helpful!!

Wow. Insert phone envy here. I mean, my phone is awesome and all... It sends texts, and when you hit 'send' it calls people too!! Yeah, be careful, don't you get phone envy too!!!

Rachel said...

woo hoo! way to go, kim! maybe i should start using that app too. :) love these ipod/iphones!