Sunday, March 8, 2009

Trying to change doctors...

Little did I know that when I made my last post that the bariatric clinic and hospital where I've been a patient was making an announcement that day they were closing due to bankruptcy! Lisa called and told me about it a few days later--rightly assuming that I had not heard about it. The clinic is completely closed and all the patient files have been moved to the Ft. Worth office of a group of doctors. There is only a small skeleton crew at the hospital. I called and requested my medical records from the hospital and from the clinic. Then I called the bariatric doctor's office in Denison and requested to be a patient. Whoever answers the phone (office mgr?) told me that he doesn't take patients from other doctors. I told her that the hospital was closed and I was NOT going to drive to Ft. Worth to see a doctor...and that if he wouldn't take me I'd find a doctor in McKinney, Sherman, Paris, somewhere that is closer than Ft. Worth. I don't know who this woman is, but she gets on my nerves already!! This is the 2nd phone conversation I've had with her in my attempt to change doctors. I have a difficult time believing that as professional courtesy a doctor would really consider it "stealing" a patient when the other doctor is 2 hrs. away...maybe I'm wrong, tho. Maybe she is married to him and is trying to regulate how many patients he has. It is quite frustrating, I can tell you that!

1 comment:

Natalie Weaver said...

Urg. Sorry for all the drama sweet pea!

If you end up commuting to Ft. Worth, we must play!!

I love you!!