Monday, March 16, 2009

100 calorie recipes! Yummy!!

I told Kari before I came down that I needed to eat a lot of fruits, veggies, and protein this week to help me get back on track. I've been gradually getting more out of control since Christmas. We did a lot of walking today---in Walmart, in the mall, at DSW, and at Kohl's. :)
I brought Kari a little cookbook called Just 100 Calories: Delicious and Simple 100 Calorie Recipes by Parragon Books (c) 2007.

We had taco salad last night for supper. This morning Kari made Wake-up Kabobs which were apples, canteloupe, strawberries, and bananas drizzled with cinnamon and honey and broiled for about 5 minutes. Then she put the fruit in a bowl and topped with a little granola and bit of yogurt. We loved the bananas like that! The apples and canteloupe were pretty good, too. We didn't care for the strawberries as much.

This evening Kari made filo wrapped asparagus spears and I helped her make fish & mango kabobs. Kari made kabobs with shrimp, mango, and tuna steak and marinated it with a pomegranite & mango chipotle sauce (got it at Walmart)---it was delicious! She roasted some cubed potatoes seasoned with dill and garlic. We had very filling, yet very low-calorie YUMMY meals today.

2 comments:

bookworm27 said...

I love the cookbook! It's been so inspiring! I feel so gourmet...:)

Natalie Weaver said...

Wow, this sounds so fancy!! It all sounds so good!