Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ummm...the yummiest!!!

I've had to give up bread for the most part....it's something I very, very seldom have...which means I've had to give up my favorite summer sandwich in the world....bacon and tomato!!! I haven't missed a lot of things from my former out-of-control eating, but I have missed those sandwiches this summer!

Here is a yummmy alternative:

3 thick slices of fresh tomato (if it's from the garden, even better!)
3 thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
1 T. Bella Sol's Blackberry Ginger Basalmic
2 slices of thin precooked bacon, heat in microwave for 20-25 secs
some fresh basil, cut in strips (optional)

Put cheese slices on tomatoes. Drizzle basalmic over cheese. Break up bacon and place some on each slice. Top with fresh basil.

Eat....DELICIOUS!
While in Galveston, Kari and I visited the Saturday market where a lady told us to try this basalmic....man, was she ever right...the flavor is incredible and fresh tasting! The mozarella just soaks it up...ummmmm...try some!

No comments: