Saturday, July 26, 2008

Naked Ladies in the Garden!!

it takes talent...although, I'm not sure what kind of talent it takes to grow this!! It has been on the vine for about 6 wks....and since it was supposed to be a red bell pepper, I refrained from picking it while it was green....it has literally taken weeks for it to turn red! So....last week it decided to turn a nice red....and upon inspection, it had also decided to start growing this green projectile shape off in another direction!! I finally couldn't stand it any longer and picked it this morning....




I'm also growing this wild tangle of mini pumpkins, nasturtiums, and morning glories.....I literally just threw the flower seeds out, but deliberately planted 2 hills of pumpkins (I had 4, but upon transplanting 2 of them, they just fell over in a faint by the next day and never recovered). I've been keeping this watered well...it's entertaining me (ok...so it doesn't take much to entertain me these days!) Lisa and Lori gave me a funny garden "peacock" for my birthday...can you see him in the pumpkin patch? If not, I took a close-up below.

I've also been trying to grow a bushel of tomatoes for weeks....'cause I just can't live without tomatoes!! and is there anything better than a tomato right off the vine? I've watered it every day....it has grown to this ginormous size....it has been covered in little yellow flowers....but no tomatoes...until FINALLY...this past week it decided to put forth a bit of effort and produce a tomato...and then I found two more...so I've got a whopping total of 3 tomatoes growing so far.

Oh...did I mention the naked ladies in the garden? For those of you hoping to get a glimpse of something a big more risque, I'm so sorry to disappoint you! Tricia gave me these flower bulbs five years ago....they always produce a lush bunch of greenery in the spring and then die off. Then at some point during the summer to early fall, some of them may or may not decide to appear. It is some type of delicate-colored pink lily, but I have no idea what their "real" name is...Tricia just said they are naked ladies....and I thought that was really funny and had to have some growing in my yard! Thanks, Tricia! I think of you everytime I look at them!

1 comment:

EKE said...

I love to see these photos of what's growing in your back yard/garden. After hearing about the tangle of pumpkins and flowers, it's great to actually see it! Hope you start getting lots of tomatoes very soon!