Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me! (and Lisa)!

ok....so...yesterday was my birthday...and Lisa's, too. She was my 3rd birthday gift! And, of course, we've always thought that made us special! lol She went to Galveston Friday and is spending four days with Kari & Warren. I should have gone. Instead I stayed home and mowed the lawn (and am getting calluses on my delicate fingers from it!!), watered the plants, worked on a doll for Averie (who is scheduled to arrive Thursday unless she decides to arrive on her daddy's birthday tomorrow--that would be special), read a book, cooked myself a special birthday breakfast, did laundry, and napped...I had birthday calls from Lori and Lisa at 7 AM! (they were on the beach---just wanted me to know! ha), Kari, Mother, Lindsey, Tricia & Ray and e-mail from Natalie.

Saturday I rec'd cards in the mail from 2 cats, Mother, Lisa and Lori....and a special package....it had a specially made tiara just for me!!!! It was made by Kris Hurst in Georgia (http://krislhurst.blogspot.com/ and http://www.shurst.etsy.com/). I granted her rights to use some photos from my Flickr account and she felt the need to not only send me three image CDs, but to also make me my very own tiara! Now you know that I've always thought I was born to wear one! LOL (and, btw, it is not easy to take a picture of yourself wearing a crown!)













Yes, I had to shower and put on make up (even mascara!) and get dressed just for this picture! (Ok...the truth is that I finished mowing the lawn and I needed a shower...and I was thinking I might go out to school and start weeding---yes, this requires make-up, too--SR staff are so much more clothes and personal appearance conscience than staff at Carver that it is like night and day! I never put forth the effort for Carver---my effort went in to enduring a 45 min. drive one way every flippin' day for two years! Don't get me wrong--I was very grateful for the job--I just hated the drive.)

Did I say which birthday...ok 51...because if I don't tell you then Lindsey will certainly make sure it is known! I'd planned to throw myself a 50th birthday party this year....but I haven't lost all the weight I want to lose....so the party is postponed until then....could be next year...could be the year after....but it will still be a 50th birthday party...no matter how old Lindsey says I am!

And I want to say Happy Birthday to my dear friend James today! July is THE month as far as birthdays....our dearest German friend, Alexandra Biederbeck's is the 7th (it has been 10 yrs. since we've seen her, but we keep in touch and hope to see each other again someday), Rickey's is the 14th, Warren's the 17th, mine and Lisa's the 20th, James' the 21st, Brent's the 22nd, newly arrived Averie McGinnis is the 24th, Lindsey's the 25th, Vickie's the 26th, and my sweet departed friend Victor's was the 30th....and I could name a dozen more people I know who were born in July.
July people are special....and some of us like to wear tiaras!

3 comments:

bookworm27 said...

Gad, we may have to 'plan' so our kids b-days will be in July! lol, then we can get it all out of the way at once! LOL

Natalie Weaver said...

I love your tiara!!! It's just beautiful, and you are so beautiful in it!!!! Happy you got so much b-day lovin'-- you mean the world to so many of us!! xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I noticed that in your blog on July 21, 2008, you mentioned a German friend named Alexandra Biederbeck. I work for a television series produced for History Television Canada and we are trying to find an Alexandra Biederbeck in Germany for a program were are currently researching. We're wondering if it could be the same person. Could you send me a message back and I can provide more details. My contact information is listed below.

Chris Robinson
Story Producer
"Ancestors in the Attic"
Primitive Entertainment
585 Bloor Street West
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6G 1K5
T: +1-416-531-3087 x230
E: robinson@primitive.net
Web: www.history.ca/ancestorsintheattic