Sunday, April 6, 2008

What a difference 1 lb. makes!


I finally got back on the scale today....and had lost a pound. But this is a momentous pound for me.....after "confession" I worked hard to not just mentally re-group, but to also get in more exercise. It was also momentous because I just looked straight down at the scales---I didn't have to suck anything in, move anything out of the way, or bend over to see what the numbers were.
I'm down 2 sizes in clothes....My goal is to lose 4-5 more sizes. It may take a while--like another year, but I'm ok with that.

Jake and I went to Ft. Washita yesterday and the walk (not to mention the weather) was absolutely great!

This 1 pound also made a difference in my social life. Friday night I met with Vickie and Kristi at a scrapbooking session in Denison. Big hugs! I cannot tell you the last time I've done anything socially. In fact, Kristi even commented about how long it had been since we'd done anything and I told her, "I was just too fat to socialize." Seriously. It was sucking the oxygen out of my brain cells and sucking the life right out of me at the same time. I've really missed Vickie and Kristi being in my life on a regular basis.

So Saturday I squeezed in a lot of socializing to make up for lost time! lol Saw Sharla at Ft. Washita--didn't get to talk to her long, but it was great to see her andgive each other a hug...especially in a setting that we both love and share fond memories of. Saw Chuck and Sheila and their whole family--more hugs (Lori's brother and sister-in-law)--was great to see them, too, with their girls and grandkids and one soon to arrive. Stopped at Kinfolk's in Durant to see Carla and Heather---big hugs. They are two special people that I just love to be around....and never get to see often enough...and never have enough time to do all talking we could do. Stopped to see Debbie--big hug--in Achille and admire who beautifully remodeled kitchen...I so miss having frequent literary discussions with her and talking to her and working with her. I hope we get an opportunity to work together again some day. Then Donnas called me and said she and DeWayne would be down Sunday night, which just would have capped off my social weekend, but, unfortunately, her mom became sick and they had to cancel those plans this morning. We'll get together soon.

A pound has really made a difference for me mentally.....and socially!

So I've roasted a turkey loin, made some red beans, rice, and hamburger, cut up a watermelon, cut up 2 mangoes and am ready to go for the next week!

No comments: