Thursday, February 14, 2008

Standing still...

After having the 2nd fill, I've been especially attentive to what I eat all in the effort to get the next 6 lbs. off. After one week.....no change.....what is the deal?!! I've even noticed additional subtle changes--the puffy fat look is leaving my hands, my whole abdominal area is shrinking, my legs are shrinking---why isn't the weight coming off??

On the bright side, I ordered a beginning yoga DVD (which I have not yet looked at!!) and I think I'm ready to try Curves again although I may have to wear an ankle brace. I think I need to intense exercise on a regular basis to jump-start the weight-loss again. I've lost 1/3 of the excess weight--the size of a small child...and I need to lose about 2 more of them!!

I'm trying to add salad on a more frequent basis. This is one of my favs:

Kim's Basic Spinach Salad

organic baby spinch leaves
1/2 small can of pineapple chunks, drained
1/2 packet of tuna
spoonful of sunflower seeds
1/2 c. sliced, fresh mushrooms
grated carrot (to your liking)
grape tomatoes (optional)
any other veggies, nuts, or fruits that you might like to add or substitute--

Toss and serve with your favorite dressing. A few that I've found that work well with this are: bleu cheese, sesame ginger, or basalmic vinegarette. Note: all measurements are approximate.

No comments: