Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Still losing...

Despite a month of hobbling around with no pretense of any form of exercise, I'm still losing! Dr.Green said he was pleased with my results so far (and I did NOT have to talk to the nutritionist). I do have to go have labs done before the end of the year just to make sure I'm staying nutritionally healthy.

I really wanted to lose a total of 50 lbs. by Christmas, but I'll be happy to lose a total of 50 by early to mid-January. Just losing 3 more pounds means that I'll have less than 100 to lose!! (Doesn't that just seem like an enormous amount of weight to lose??) It will be amazing that I'll end up having lost weight that is equal to the weight of a healthy person.

I'm beginning to really tell a difference. I think my largest lapband scar has slid down about 2 inches! (I won't mention other things that seem to be headed south in a hurry!)

Last week I made a quick low-fat chili recipe that is yummmy!

Kim's Quick and Lean Chili

1 md. sweet onion
1-2 t. minced garlic
1 T. olive oil
1 lb. of 93/7 lean hamburger meat
1 can Ro-tel Chili Fixin's
1 can Ranch pinto beans with jalapenos
fresh cilantro, optional
1 can of water

Caramelize the onions and garlic in the olive oil. Remove and set aside when done. Cook hamburger meat until well browned. Add rest of ingredients and stir well. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.

Serve over low-fat tortilla chips and top with low-fat shredded cheese.

1 comment:

EKE said...

Cheering you on! And thanks for the recipe ideas!