Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bit off more than I can chew.....

I attempted to eat a sliced bbq sandwich this week.....and could only manage about half of it. The bun is too soft...which I expected. I just couldn't chew the meat up enough...which became painful in its journey from the small upper stomach pouch through the lapband ring to the lower part of my stomach. I finally gave up....fed the rest to Missy (the Arthur's dog).

Mentally, I'm having to come to grips with giving up some really chewy things (unless I cut them in teeny tiny pieces, which I haven't done yet). It's just so much easier (lazier?) to stick to yogurt, shaved turkey or ham, soups, jello & cottage cheese.

Right now I'm at 39-40 lbs. lost, which is a good thing....and when the next 10 lbs. come off, that will be a real milestone for me in this process.

2 comments:

Natalie Weaver said...

I can't believe your at 40 lbs already! That's amazing. Take that, Valerie Bertonelli!! :)
Love you!!

bookworm27 said...

Hey, nothing wrong with sticking with what works...I eat like almost the exact same thing for lunch every day...it's easier and lazier!! ha