Thursday, September 9, 2010

Crustless Quiche

This was so fast and easy to make! It's great to throw in extras that you might have on hand such as mushrooms, smoked turkey or ham, or even substitute broccoli for the spinach. Not only is this a great breakfast, but it's a great meal anytime! :)

1 T. vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped,
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained (I used fresh)
5-6 eggs, beaten
3 c. shredded Muenster cheese (I used something else that I had on hand)
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions (maybe some garlic, too!) and coo, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated (or it has wilted).

In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper (I usually add a bit of dill weed, too). Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Pour into prepared pie pan.

Bake in oven until eggs have set, about 30 min. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Natalie Weaver said...

Oooooooooh, I love quiche!! I must try this recipe!!!!!!