Monday, June 16, 2008

Mowing as exercise...

I hope that Kari is sitting down when she reads this post....otherwise she may pass smooth out from the shock of what I've just done....


Just a few weeks ago we were discussing the last time I had mowed a lawn....and we agreed I was probably in high school.....do you know how long ago that has been???!!!!

I can't stand to see the grass overgrown...so I decided I was going to mow one day last week...only I couldn't get the lawnmower started....I seemed like I just didn't have the strength to pull the cord hard/fast enough! :(

Lindsey came over and mowed last night....she unexpectedly showed up this morning, too...so I asked her to start it for me....well....it seems I just didn't know HOW to start the mower!! I had no idea I needed to push a little red button several times (prime the gas??)!!

I've tried to be conscious of ways I can add more exercise to my life...and mowing would certainly be one!! ugh!! I realize my job is fairly sedentary (unless I'm having to take over a place and do major cleaning/reorganizing, which has been the case at every library job I've had--but even that is not long-term day-to-day work). Jake and I worked Friday evening/night, Saturday morning till 1:00, and I worked pretty much all day yesterday cleaning/organizing laundry room and my office bookcases. This week I'm going to be working on the front room with Jake....I canNOT start back to school with my house needing to be organized/cleaned!!

Oh....and in case you didn't believe that I really did mow the yard, I offer this picture as evidence...completely un-retouched!!




....and now I'm off to buy vaccuum cleaner....so I can get even more exercise!! ugh!

6/17 update: I also bought a weed-eater....even more exercise!! lol

1 comment:

Natalie Weaver said...

Love that you added the un-retouched photo. Amazing. Of course, I think you're stunning always! Just mowed the lawn or not!! I love you, so happy to have lunch and catch up the other day. xoxoxoxo