Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Once I was gainfully employed again last year and receiving insurance benefits, I decided that I needed a really spectacular birthday gift to myself in the upcoming year. Why? Well, because it is the big 5-0 milestone, that's why. What better gift to give myself than one of better health with half of me gone!!

In late October I googled for lapband surgery in Dallas. I looked no further than the first hit that I received and immediately e-mailed them to sign up. On the following Monday, I had a follow-up phone call from them and I signed up to attend a required seminar with the surgeon on the next Saturday. Kari and I attended and we both felt very comfortable with the level of care, attention, and follow-up that is provided. So....began the journey.

I've been planning to throw myself a birthday party to celebrate the milestone achievement and invite family and close-est, best-est friends, but with all the juggling that has been going on all summer with trying to get final approval and pre-op and surgery scheduled (not to mention my full-time summer job with Edison--I could NOT turn that down!), not to mention the weather---who knew whether it would be 110 like the past several years or flooding? I've decided to "wear the crown" and put off the party until next year. If the Queen doesn't have to celebrate her birthday on the actual date, then neither do I! I'll feel better, look better (ok...there is a touch of vanity showing here!) and not have all this scheduling mess going on at the same time.

So....happy birthday to me....today!!

P.S. I did not just admit my age, did I??

2 comments:

bookworm27 said...

Yay, I'm so glad that they've finally gotten you scheduled so that the whole thing can get started! So much preliminary! I'm proud that you've stuck with it :)
hugs~

Natalie Weaver said...

Party!?!? Did someone say PARTY!?!? I love parties! And a party thrown for one of my most favorite people in the world-- how fun!!! We're all so excited for you- honored that you a.) just revealed your age :) and b.) that you give us a little peak into your life and what all you must endure for this surgery. It makes me feel connected, that I'm right there with you along the way...