Sunday, July 15, 2007

Getting Ready

Yesterday I went through my closet and pulled out all the biggest sizes of winter clothes and had Lindsey bag them up...because I won't be needing them this winter. I'm taking them to a teacher friend tomorrow.

I also went through my cabinets and cleaned out things that I know I probably can't eat or shouldn't eat--things like corn, cornbread mixes, muffin mixes, etc. Sent home 4 sacks of groceries to Lynn.

Today Lisa and Lori gave me a food processor/blender called The Magic Bullet. It comes with short and tall cups and a variety of mugs, along with accessories to steam veggies and extract juices. [Kari and Lindsey were most impressed...even a bit jealous, that I've come in to possession of one these! Who knew? Apparently, they've been watching the Infomercials and consider it to be an amazing gadget!]

I think I'll be able to use some of the recipes that came with it such as hummus, chicken salad with apples, broccoli soup, and the babyfood chicken and rice. Having this little gizmo will make my life easier! Mucho Thanks, you two!!

1 comment:

bookworm27 said...

OMG, I just saw an infomercial for this yesterday! I'm sooo jealous! It looks like such a cool and fun new kitchen toy to have and it made guacamole in like 3 seconds! Yummie!